Psychoanalytical Notebooks is a journal of the London Society of the New Lacanian School and has been published since 1998. Its primary aim, from inception, has been to enlighten the English-speaking community of Lacanians worldwide. We have always embraced with great pleasure the generous contributions from Jacques-Alain Miller whose inspiring work continues to elucidate the later teaching of Lacan as part of the Lacanian Orientation. And we welcome a plethora of psychoanalytical elaborations by analysts from various Schools of the World Association of Psychoanalysis, together with testimonies of ongoing work by colleagues from the London Society, which demonstrate the desire to work and analytical passions at work. PN is in this sense a crossroad where analytical articulations, testimonies of the Pass of the School, and live debates interlace and resonate, responding to the crucial questions of psychoanalysis today, including those of the clinic, love, femininity, politics, and ethics.
Click here for our new YouTube channel Psychoanalytical Notebooks Live! where you will find recordings of readings. The first is the shared reading by cartelisands in India and the UK of Lacan’s “British Psychiatry and the War” which was recently republished in PN33. The reading commemorated the 75th anniversary of VE Day and took place 8 May 2020.
ON THE WOMAN THAT DOES NOT EXIST
- Christiane Alberti – To Exist is to Depend on the Other
- Anne Lysy – From the Dream of Woman to the Invention of a woman
- Marie-Hélène Blancard – The Enigma of the Feminine Desire
- Marie-Hélène Brousse – Maternity: the Ravage of the Feminine
- Rose-Paule Vinciguerra – Feminine Modulations
- Pierre Naveau – Since the Woman is the Symptom of Another Body
THE LOGIC OF EXISTENCE
- Colin Wright – The Logics of Inexistence: Frege and Cantor in Seminar XIX
- Oriol Cobacho – From the Want-to-Be to Existence
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS THE PSYCHOANALYST…
- Bogdan Wolf – Psychoanalyst Between Inexistence and Non-knowledge
- Aino-Marjatta Mäki – Psychoanalyst as a Function: From What is Said to Existence
- Alasdair Duncan – The School of Decided Workers: What Kind of Work?
- Sophia Berouka – The Cartel: Anti-didactic Device, a Space for Debated Orientation
- Pierre Naveau – The Psychoanalyst’s Passion
- Richard Klein – Responsibility in Psychoanalysis
- (reviews of recent books by L. Sokolowsky and by M.-H. Brousse)